The views and opinions expressed and presented in this article are those of the author and do not reflect the views and opinions of Vanguard Survival, LLC, its owners or employees. This article is published here with the express permission of the author for the first time.
The Threat on the Southern Border
The ISIS Threat
Recent reports show that ISIS is crossing the open southern border, Rep. Duncan Hunter (R-CA) stated this week that, “10 ISIS fighters were caught crossing the southern border from Mexico.” DHS (Department of Homeland Security) says, “Congressman Hunters statement of 10 ISIS fighters being caught is not accurate.”
They don’t deny that ISIS fighters were caught, only that Representative Hunter’s claim of 10 “was inaccurate”. That in and of itself should make you concerned. If, as DHS claims, Representative Hunter’s claim the 10 ISIS fighter were caught crossing the US-Mexico border is not right just how many were caught? 5, 20, 3? The number doesn’t really matter, the fact that they are here does.
Another report from Judicial Watch, citing a leaked, internal, Border Patrol memo, put the number at 4. Rep. Michael McCaul (R-TX) Chairman of the House Homeland Security Committee, said he was unaware of the memo cited in the Judicial Watch report but he did have knowledge of ISIS fighters trying to cross the US-Mexico border.
The fact that even one ISIS fighter has been able to cross the southern border should be of concern to anyone with at least a little common sense.
The Gang Threat
While ISIS does pose a threat to US National Security and there is a good chance “they” are already here, planning terrorist attacks a greater threat is posed by street gangs such as MS-13, 18th Street, and Los Zetas.
The FBI estimates that 50%-60% of all gang members are illegals. Let that sink in for a minute, 50%-60% of all Hispanic gang bangers are illegals! With membership, in just Hispanic gangs (MS-13, Los Zetas, 18th Street, etc.), estimated to be between 1.75 million and 3.2 million members that means that between 875,000 and 1.6 million members of those gangs crossed the southern border illegally.
According to the Los Angles Police Department 95% of all outstanding felony murder warrants and about 2/3 of all felony fugitive warrants are for illegal aliens.
According to the Federal Department of Corrections 29% of all felony inmates are illegal aliens. Crime rates along the US-Mexico border are at all time highs with violent crimes increasing at an alarming rate. There have been well documented reports of Border Patrol agents coming under fire from the Mexican side of the border so illegals could get pat them. No one is sure but the fire from the Mexican side of the border seems to be coming from a combination of drug cartels and corrupt members of the Mexican military who work for them.
People from 75 different countries attempt to cross the southern US border illegally every day, according to a leaked intelligence report from Customs and Border Patrol.
According to the report the number of OTM’s (Other than Mexican) apprehended crossing the US-Mexico border was 162,000 between the periods of October 2013 and May 2014. That is a 100% increase from the same period in 2012-13. 70,000 children between the ages of >1-17 have crossed the southern border illegally this year alone, a 700% increase from the previous year!
Not all illegal aliens cross the southern border or start out as illegal aliens. PEW research estimates that between 4 million and 4.5 million illegals each year are Visa Over-Stays.
Besides the threat of terrorism and the emerging threat of Ebola and other diseases there is a serious economic threat as well to illegal immigration.
The CBO estimates that approximately $20 billion dollars a year is shipped by illegals (of all types) back to their country of origin. As well an estimated $250-$300 million dollars is spent either directly (welfare programs, health care, etc) or indirectly (public schools, jails, judicial system, etc.) on illegals each year.
Fixing the Problem
Now how do we fix the problem? Below I will offer a couple of thoughts on how we can stem the tide of illegal aliens crossing the southern border.
- Stop all cash foreign aid to Mexico until such time as they can stop the cartel violence that seems to be centered at or very near the border. Stop giving “advice” on how to illegally cross the US border. We will still offer aid in the form of Special Forces advisers, intelligence, and help with investigations.
- Secure the southern border by completing the border fence and reinforcing it in areas that illegal border crosser’s have weakened it.
- Deploy the National Guard, with re-purposed equipment coming home from OEF and OIF to the southern border to patrol, augment the Border Patrol, and if necessary, engage targets on the Mexican side of the border that fire upon Border Patrol and National Guard personnel.
- Set up special detention centers for illegal border crosser’s. All people processed through these center will be fingerprinted, photographed, and have a DNA swab taken for entry into an Illegal Alien database.
- Set up special courts in the detention centers that hear cases 24 hours a day, seven days a week. All persons caught illegally crossing the border will be taken to one of these courts as soon after capture as possible where they will see the judge as soon as possible after entering the center. The judge will hear their case and decide if the individual deserves as further hearing, those that don’t meet the requirements for a further hearing are placed in a holding cell until such time as enough people are gathered to fill a standard Trailways type bus.
- As soon as there are enough people to fill the bus they are immediately transported to the nearest port of entry and sent back across the border.
- People who are caught trying to enter the country illegally are banned from applying for a Visa for a period of 2 years.
- If they are caught trying to cross the border illegally a second time (we will know because they were previously entered into the database) are referred for trial, if found guilty of a second offense of illegal border crossing a mandatory 5 year minimum sentence in federal prison will be imposed with no time off for good behavior. Upon completion of their sentence they will immediately be deported. A third offense of illegal border crossing will carry a mandatory minimum sentence of 15 years.
- Actively seek out and deport illegals who are here now that can not prove they have been in the country for 10 years or more, especially Visa over-stays ( all the 9/11 hijackers were Visa Over-Stays).
- Eliminate “Anchor Babies” by repealing the 14th Amendment. (It was intended to give newly freed slave citizenship, not to be used as a means of securing citizenship for a baby whose parents came here illegally.
- Grant Permanent Resident Alien status to all illegals (including children of those illegal aliens) who can prove they have been in the US for 10 years or more and have no criminal convictions of any kind (misdemeanor or felony).
- No one granted Permanent Resident Alien status (including the children of those granted this status) can become a naturalized citizen without first returning to their country of origin and going through the process of legal immigration from the beginning, there are no waivers, and they have to start at the “back of the line.”
- Base immigration law on what we, as a country need at any given time. (We have a shortage of nurses, foreign-born nurses get to the head of the line. We have a need for machinists, foreign machinists go to the head of the line, etc.) All others will be admitted on a first come first served basis after those with needed skill sets required have been admitted.
- Severely restrict Visas to those people who come from terrorist sponsoring states (remember the 9/11 hijackers all had Visas).
- Require those that do receive Visas from those countries to “check in” with local law enforcement no less than every 3 days. Anyone from a terrorist sponsoring country who doesn’t “check in” as required is subject to immediate arrest and deportation. Anyone from a terrorist sponsoring country that over-stays their Visa is subject to no less than 5 years in prison and immediate deportation upon completion of their sentence.
- Increase penalties on those who knowingly hire illegal aliens to include forfeiture of businesses, fines of $250,000 or more per violation, and prison time of not less than 2 years per violation.
By eliminating the incentives to both cross the border illegally and to hire those that do we will significantly decrease the number of people trying to cross out borders illegally.
But you and I both know that these measures, or ones like them will never be implemented by our leaders. We can take control of our country back by voting politicians who don’t support border security out of office and replacing them with those who do.
Until such time as our representatives in Washington, DC take border security seriously and not as some sort of political football that can be used to gain votes or smear “the other guy” as a racist what can be done?
What Can You Do Now?
The people who live in border states can organize “security groups” of like-minded individuals, both armed and unarmed, and patrol the border areas, report illegal aliens crossing the border to Border Patrol, and follow them until they are captured. Make no mistake, such an undertaking would be dangerous since the coyotes who run a lot of these illegals across the border are heavily armed and will shoot if confronted. Drug mules are often time escorted across the border by armed security who will also fire on those who try and stop them.
By staying within the law ourselves and demanding that our elected officials enforce and strengthen existing immigration law, and by demanding Border Patrol be allowed to do their job and forcing them to do so we can make a difference in stemming the tide of illegal aliens coming across the porous southern border.
I look forward to seeing your comments and thank you for reading!
And as always, Train to Survive!
©2014 Tom Sweet
All Rights Reserved